Player Studio™ is a new program that invites (initially US-based) players to download sample geometry, learn how virtual items are constructed, and try designing items. You can try your hand at writing a creative name, item description, and rationale for how it fits into the ongoing narrative storyline.
How to Get StartedEdit
General Texture/UV guidelinesEdit
- Please submit all geometry files in OBJ format and all texture maps in TGA format.
- Every OBJ file should have its own texture map.
- All texture maps must be in 24-bit TGA with no Alpha channel.
- OBJ supports only 1 UV set. Therefore, additional detail which might normally be stored on a different UV set (like grime, etc) should be painted into the textures if needed.
- Do not paint-in heavy shadowing. The normal map should expose the primary relief across surfaces.
- Spec maps should generally convey more of a semi-gloss or matte look. Near white is used sparingly.
- Mirrored UVs are acceptable and even encouraged for house items given the 1 material limit.
- Please double-check that UVs are within 0-1 UV space before submission.
Please refer to each game's website for details on item submission. Instructions vary by game.
For more information visit the official Player Studio website .